- This event has passed.
South Australian Critical Care Ultrasound Course
18/09/2015 @ 08:00 - 19/09/2015 @ 17:00$1050
This two-day course is an introduction to the use of ultrasound in the critical care environment.
A mixture of clinically integrated tutorials and extensive practical sessions will provide participants with the relevant knowledge and technical skills to commence using ultrasound in everyday practice.
This course provides the perfect platform to start training in the use of ultrasound, now a requirement of training with the College of Intensive Care Medicine.
All faculty are Cardiologist, Intensive Care or Emergency Medicine Specialists with qualifications and significant post-graduate experience in critical care ultrasound. Their close supervision (1:2 ratios) will maximise skill development and workplace application. Human models and simulators will provide a balance of normal and pathological images.
Participants will use learn about;
- The role and limitations of critical care ultrasound
- Basic ultrasound physics
- Cardiac anatomy
- Two-dimensional assessment of both left and right ventricular systolic function
- Assessment of the pericardium
- Introduction to lung and abdominal ultrasound
- Basic colour flow doppler and two-dimensional assessment of valvular function
- Image interpretation and reporting
- Basic procedural ultrasound
Contact [email protected] for further details or application forms